We are open for admissions!
Learn more about our admissions procedure before starting your online application.
Dear Prospective Family,
Thank you for considering Marist Brothers Linmeyer as the school of choice for your family.
Marist Brothers Linmeyer understands that every child is different and that each parent/guardian has specific needs and wants for their child. We encourage to attend a Visitors’ Morning; we would love to hear more about your child.
We have created a seamless enrolment experience, however should you require assistance at any time, we are only an email/phone call away.
HOW TO ENROL AT MARIST BROTHERS LINMEYER:
The application-for-admission form may be completed online or a hard-copy can be handed in at the Pre-School, Primary and High School receptions.
- The applicant may be requested to attend an interview and to submit a character reference.
- All new applicants will take part in entrance assessments or school-readiness assessments.
DOCUMENTS TO ACCOMPANY THE PARENT/GUARDIAN CONTRACT:
For both the online and the manual application, the following documents are required. For the online application these documents must be scanned in and attached to the application form.
This form must be accompanied by:
R 500 non-refundable administration fee
Copy of your child’s unabridged birth certificate
A copy of both parents’/guardians’ ID documents
Copy of your child’s latest school report
Copy of Baptism Certificate (Catholics Only)
DOCUMENTS TO ACCOMPANY PARENT CONTRACT:
As part of our enrolment process, we require the Financial Clearance Certificate to be completed and returned to us in order for us to proceed with the application. All completed forms must be sent directly to the school and not via the parent/guardian.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (High School) or email@example.com (Primary School)
- Account name: Marist Brothers Linmeyer
- Bank: FNB Bank
- Branch code: 210554
- Account no. 62849151452
- Reference: Student’s name and surname
TERMS AND CONDITONS:
Protection of Personal Information (POPI):
Marist Brothers Linmeyer will undertake to protect the personal information about you, your child and the payer that you have provided in the application form. We will not distribute or publish any personal information about you, your child or the payer unless you give us your consent in writing. If this is the case, we may only distribute or publish the information specified in your consent letter and only to the people and for the purpose stated in your consent.
When you apply, you give Marist Brothers Linmeyer permission to:
- Collect and store names and contact details about yourself, your child and any divorced or separated parent responsible for paying fees.
- Collect any other information from previous schools that we may need in order to:
- Make a decision with regard to your application.
- Manage relationships between the school, the parents, legal guardians and current students.
- Collect, store and share personal information as is required for the collection of fees.
By proceeding you accept these terms and conditions
- The Board of Governors and School Executive have adopted the following selection criteria:
- Admission is based on the availability of space.
- For High School admissions, students already attending the Primary School will be placed first, provided that they meet the minimum criteria for admission.
- Acceptance of a sibling application is not guaranteed. Applicants that have siblings already in attendance at Marist Brothers Linmeyer, one or both parents who were past students of Marist Brothers Linmeyer and/or students who are Catholic may be given preference when being considered for admission.
- The applicants that meet the minimum criteria will generally be placed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Those applications that cannot be accepted due only to lack of availability will be placed on a waiting list, in order of date of application.
- Admission is conditional upon the ability to pay the prescribed school fees and the non-refundable enrolment fee.
Parents/Guardians who apply for admission of their children will be subject to a credit-reference check.
- The applicant’s school fees from their previous school must be paid up in full before any application for admission will be considered.
- As noted above, successful applicants must undertake to attend morning assemblies, religious-education classes, Mass and special feast days.
- Successful applicants must also agree to adhere to Marist Brothers Linmeyer’s Code of Conduct which is printed in the school diary.
- Only applications for Grade PR to Grade 10 will be considered.
- Only those applicants (other than for Grade R and Grade PR) who are six years and older at the time of application or who will be six years old by 30 June of the year of admission will normally be considered. However, applicants who do not meet these criteria may be considered under special circumstances. (This is in accordance with Section 45A of the South African Schools Act of 1996, as amended)
- Applicants who are not South African citizens must also provide a valid study permit, in addition to meeting the above criteria.